Our customer is profitable, rapidly growing, family owned and operated, large equipment rental company based in Hamilton.
Reporting to the Controller, the salary range for this hands-on Sr. Financial Analyst position is $60,000 to $82,000 (dependent upon experience), benefits, a performance based bonus and payment of annual CPA/CFA or student membership & training/P.D. fees. Some preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and/or experience with Business Analytics applications. If you are or know of a hands-on CPA or CFA or active finalist who wants to work in a positive, entrepreneurial and friendly culture and has solid accounting and Microsoft Excel (V Look Ups and Pivot Tables) for analysis purposes and very effective oral and written skillsets, please arrange for a resume to be sent to email@example.com subject line: Sr. Financial Analyst Application by December 3, 2021.
Further career advancement towards becoming an Accounting Manager and/or Assistant Controller will come under serious consideration for the successful Sr. Financial Analyst who not only consistently demonstrates technical and behavioural competency but proactively looks for, and collaborates with the Controller to find ways to improve the timeliness and quality of month-end reporting and add value through effective financial analysis and KPI development & reporting and meaningfully assists with the August year-end audit.
Please see position details below. No agencies please.
To provide support to the Accounting, Purchasing and Credit departments with an initial concentration on A/R functions and then, working alongside the Controller, develop KPI templates and perform analysis work to help facilitate process improvement and senior executive decision making.
- Utilize excellent Microsoft Excel (V Look Ups & Pivot Tables) skills for financial analysis, modeling and KPI development.
- Effectively learn and use the Microsoft Dynamics ERP system. Solid Microsoft Word and Outlook skills are also required.
- Arrive equipped with strong attention to detail, a strong customer focus and able to produce accurate, thorough work product.
- Actively work to understand the unique aspects within the business and to understand the business in general so higher level financial and business analysis and value added input will be delivered.
- Be a proactive and detail-oriented financial professional who is seeking a long term business relationship within a pleasant, positive, autonomous and profitable work environment where staff are highly respected and genuinely considered as essential to the business’ success.
- Be instinctively inclined to regularly and/or consistently develop and enhance your work competence and expertise.
- Work as part of a team and exercise tolerance and consistency when dealing with staff, clients, the company sales representatives and others. Excellent organizational and time management skills are required to be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide a high level of internal and//or external customer satisfaction within the required areas of accounting expertise.
- Bring sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential business matters.
- Consistently work to help develop practical procedures and complete tasks through to a conclusion.
- Bring focus and drive to achieve targets, budgets and results. The Controller is looking to further reduce the time required for month-end so more time will be available for KPI development, analysis and reporting.
- Help create or enhance a business culture of continuous improvement.
- Consistently work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality and timeliness.
- Enjoy the challenge of problem solving and come up with well thought through, practical, solutions.
- Draw conclusions by probing into things and contemplating consequences of any recommended action that is likely to be taken by the Owners by first proving the reliability of the available information.
- Consistently bring drive, assertion, persistence and a methodical, organized, inquisitive, factual, systematic and hard-working approach to the work.
- Perform account reconciliations and post journal entries
- Preparation of month-end financial statements with related P&L analysis
- Provide support to other accounting functions as required
- Prepare other ad hoc reports as required (within the Microsoft Dynamics system and exporting into Excel where required)
- Perform other related duties and reporting and participate in special departmental projects
- Create ad-hoc financial reports and analyze and present to senior management on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Compile, analyze and manipulate data from multiple in-house software to build out KPI (Key Performance Indicator) templates in Excel to help facilitate process improvements
- Review and evaluate customer credit applications and supporting documentation – making recommendations to the Controller regarding credit eligibility/limits
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers to support the collection and resolution process of outstanding receivables
- Analyze aging reports to identify areas of opportunity and risk exposure
- Enforce credit terms by monitoring and evaluating payment performance/credit status of existing customers
- Collaborate with the Outside Sales Representatives and Inside Sales Representatives (OSR/ISR) and customers to resolve outstanding account balances by negotiating repayment terms
- While maintaining effective communications with the Controller and the customer account-related Sales people, recommend and implement corrective actions for delinquent accounts: credit holds, COD, etc.
- Regularly evaluate credit policies to monitor compliance and internal control procedures
- Communicate changes to account status to customers, and the related OSR/ISR team members