For over fifteen years, our customer has combined best-in-class strategy and design with turnkey project management and installation skills to help their name brand clients enhance the way people connect and interact with them. Their focus is on delivering exceptional branded environments, digital experiences and way-finding solutions. The business has grown to where a hands-on, value-adding, CPA is needed to take over full responsibility for the production of the financials; to help improve the administration of project costing, to perform hands-on, meaningful, financial analysis utilising Microsoft Excel and to learn the business so as to contribute as an eventual member of the senior management team. The business is profitable, getting prepared to grow and will look to the incoming Manager, Accounting to manage the financials, implement structure & monitor controls, manage the Bookkeeper and the external accountant business relationships. Upon successful completion of the above requirements, for the right person, further career progression towards becoming Controller will come under serious consideration.
Reporting directly to the entrepreneurial, co-owner, President; working in co-operation with the department heads and staff, the Manager, Accounting will work with the financials to ensure that the books, records and payroll are accurate and completed in a timely manner. Improving the job costing data input process, inventory control and month-end WIP (Work in Progress) reconciliations and adjustments and guiding each business towards even greater success are immediate requirements of the Manager, Accounting position.
The business does very interesting and creative work utilising highly talented people who are proud of what they do. This is a unique opportunity for a hands-on CPA with a good overall business sense – one who also likes to lead and manage staff and generally has a proactive, get-it-done, help-the team-succeed, spirit.
The salary range for this shared Manager, Accounting position is $70,000 to $86,000, (dependent upon experience) a company-wide discretionary bonus of up to 10%, benefits and payment of annual CPA membership & training/P.D. fees.
If you are or know of a hands-on Chartered Professional Accountant who has a thorough understanding of, and experience with, ASPE, is highly organised, feels very comfortable working hands-on and can effectively embrace the challenges associated with leading a small staff, please arrange for a resume to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail subject line: Manager, Accounting – Future Controller Application by February 28. No agencies please.
The company requires a Manager, Accounting who:
- Is highly organised, tidy in their work habits & workstation organisation and effective at leading and managing a Bookkeeper.
- Has well developed verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Is an effective communicator, a team player and a collaborator who will also maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information such as payroll.
- Brings advanced, hands-on, skills with Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables & V Look Ups) for the purposes of effective financial analysis.
- Positively contributes utilising attention to detail and accuracy.
- Consistently demonstrates the core values of the business – Creativity, Collaboration, & Commitment.
- Consistently develops practical procedures and completes tasks through to conclusion.
- Supports others and provides practical knowledge, competence and financial expertise.
- Provides simple and/or practical solutions and ties up loose ends.
- Is disciplined in developing organisational systems, procedures, rules and norms – providing the best solutions in terms of quality and cost.
- Adopts an accommodating and helpful manner yet willing to contribute to business debate but, where necessary, accepts the objectives ultimately decided upon and then actively works, hands-on, within agreed parameters in order to ensure that the tasks/projects are completed.
- While performing analysis work, adopts a professional, serious and questioning manner in order to assess situations and come to objective conclusions – basing finds on facts and quality information collected from others.
- Consistently delivers meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in all work products and deliveribles.
- Will embrace the challenge of performing both structured and ad hoc financial analysis that meets the requirements of the numbers-oriented President.
- Collaborates with the department heads to significantly reduce random item descriptions and expense coding errors outside of Accounting.
- Works directly with the President to advise and ensure effective and efficient financial management of the business.
- Is a structured, organised and hard-working professional who is a self-starter and a professional who is genuinely proactive at finding and improving or refining processes that result in higher efficiency and/or reduced costs.
- Brings strong and up-to-date ASPE and US GAAP knowledge for financial reporting.
- Brings advanced skills in various types of accounting or productivity software. In particular, Pivot Table and V Look Up skills utilising Microsoft Excel.
- Is approachable, methodical, self-disciplined, patient, logical, careful and diplomatic.
- Has the ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Is, and will consistently remain, a team player and leader on behalf of the best interests of the company.
- Is a quick study and has the ability to grasp concepts and practices and see trends – thereby bringing superior investigative and hands-on analysis skills.
- Is always honest, forthcoming and will consistently complete high quality work in a timely manner and will effectively guide and direct staff to do the same.