Our customer is focused on helping great people build great businesses. They do this by partnering with business leaders, enabling their customers to allocate their most scarce resources – their time and their capital – more efficiently. They are a profitable and growing consulting and custom tailored finance and administration services company located in downtown Toronto – just steps from Union Station. The business is growing and requires another highly organized CPA to help manage the team and small group of clients working as a Financial Controller.
Reporting directly to one of the Managing Partners, and working in co-operation with the rest of the team, the Financial Controller will work with multiple clients to ensure all their books and records are accurate and complete, as well as help guide those same clients to accelerated growth and continued success. This is a unique opportunity for a CPA with a good ‘business sense’ who likes to lead and manage staff, enjoys being hands-on and generally has an ‘entrepreneurial spirit’.
The salary range for this Financial Controller position is $90,000 to $130,000 (with some upward flexibility depending on the skills and experience of the applicants), a performance-based bonus of between 10-20 %, benefits and payment of annual CPA membership and training/P.D. fees.
If you are or know of a Chartered Professional Accountant who has a thorough understanding of and experience with ASPE and Cdn. GAAP, is highly organized, feels very comfortable working and leading staff on several assignments at the same time, please arrange for a resume to be sent to email@example.com e-mail subject line: Financial Controller Application by November 24.
Please see details below and note: Our customer will be doing their own screening and interviewing on this project. Our thanks to all applicants for their time, interest and attention but, only those selected by the customer for next step consideration will be contacted directly. No agencies please.
The company requires a Financial Controller who:
- Is highly organized and effective at leading and managing a team of Financial Analyst staff.
- Has well developed verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Has a strong customer service mindset and an ever present hunger to learn, teach staff and add value.
- Consistently delivers meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in all work products and deliverables.
- Is an organized and hard-working professional who is a self-starter and a professional who is genuinely comfortable with multi-tasking.
- Brings strong and up-to-date ASPE and Canadian GAAP knowledge for client financial reporting purposes.
- Brings advanced skills in various types of accounting or productivity software.
- Has the ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a calm, friendly and professional manner.
- Is, and will consistently remain, a team player and leader on behalf of the best interests of the company.
- Is proactive and energetic in the work situation and generally passionate about business.
- Asserts self and leads in order to meet agreed time frames and deadlines and overcome any problems which may get in the way of their achievement – ad hoc requests included.
- Is a quick study and has the ability to grasp concepts and practices and see trends – thereby bringing superior investigative and hands-on analysis skills.
- Is honest, forthcoming and will consistently complete high quality work in a timely manner and will effectively guide and direct staff to do the same.
Upon arrival, meet with the Partners and staff and establish, and then actively maintain, constructive business relationships with them. Learn about the firm and the current processes, software solutions and client files/requirements and start to become familiar with the way the function is organized by the other Financial Controller.
On a per client basis:
- Maintaining accurate books and records.
- Ensure all financials are prepared in accordance with ASPE and/or Cdn. GAAP in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage the cash position, including short term and longer term cash forecasting, maximizing working capital requirements and managing all other aspects affecting cash flow.
- Creating and ongoing maintaining a fully integrated financial forecasting model that is in line with the strategic and operational plans of each client.
- Creating relevant and meaningful financial analysis and interpretation of the monthly results.
- Recommend, implement, maintain and control all policies and procedures related to the financial and business practices of each client and make relevant changes for each client to scale efficiently.
- Ensure each client is in compliance with all corporate income tax, commodity tax and any other governmental agency filing requirements in all regions each client operates.
- Responsible for supervising staff performing payroll and benefits processing, payroll reporting and all payroll related filing.
- Completion of any ad hoc projects as required.
- Reviewing the work of team members, coaching and training them.
- Other tasks and projects required of a CPA Finance Controller consistently looking to add value and demonstrate what they can do help improve processes, staff performance and outcomes so all future business growth remains profitable.