Our customer is a profitable and growing steel fabrication/manufacturing business owned by a privately held, US-based, holding company devoted to manufacturing, construction & industrial services. As a privately held business, their focus is on serving customers – rather than shareholders. In fact, the Canadian steel fabrication/manufacturing business is an industry leader in providing exceptional customer service. They are also dedicated to maintaining an environmentally friendly workplace and have adopted an Environmental Management Information System which formally helps focus everyone within the business towards reducing utility costs, continuous improvement in energy management and energy awareness.
Due to an upcoming retirement of the current Financial Reporting Manager, our customer wants to hire a qualified, bilingual (E/F), CPA and thereby activate a seamless transition to and for the incoming Financial Reporting Manager.
The salary range for this bilingual Financial Reporting Manager position is $80,000 to $95,000, (dependent upon experience) benefits, including a defined contribution savings plan and payment of annual CPA membership & training/P.D. fees.
If you are or know of a hands-on, bilingual (English/French), Chartered Professional Accountant who has strong knowledge of financial accounting, reporting & cycles, strong analytical skills, advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office and controls monitoring & improvement skills, please arrange for a resume to be sent to email@example.com e-mail subject line: Bilingual Financial Reporting Manager Application by June 13.
Our customer will be doing their own screening and interviewing on this project. Our thanks to all applicants for their time, interest and attention but, only those selected by the customer for next step consideration will be contacted by them directly.
Please see details below. No agencies please.
The company requires a bilingual Financial Reporting Manager who:
- Has the proven ability to consistently produce quality output within tight time frames and meet and establish deadlines.
- Effectively manages multiple work priorities.
- Brings strong analytical skills.
- Has very strong general accounting and hands-on financial reporting knowledge and skills/ experience.
- Has the ability to organise and plan work flows.
- Consistently demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to work independently – without regular/daily supervision.
- Has well developed verbal and written communication skills (English & French).
- Is an effective communicator, a team player and a collaborator who will also maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Brings advanced, hands-on, skills with Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables & V Look Ups) for the purposes of effective financial analysis.
- Positively contributes utilising attention to detail, accuracy and a solid understanding of accounting policies and general accounting principles.
- Brings strong knowledge of accounting systems and how to effectively manoeuver when systems are not yet fully integrated.
- Has a deep knowledge of Financial Accounting and a thorough knowledge and understanding of all accounting cycles.
- Is self-motivated and energetic.
- Will consistently work collaboratively with the Controller/Director, Finance to ensure effective and efficient financial reporting and controls for the business.
- Ensures compliance with the financial policies of the organisation.
- Brings advanced skills in various types of accounting or productivity software.
- Has the ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a calm and professional manner.
- Is, and will consistently remain, a team player on behalf of the best interests of the company.
- Is always honest, forthcoming and will consistently complete high quality work in a timely manner.
- Upon arrival, meet with the Controller/Director, Finance, the other accounting staff, establish and then actively maintain constructive business relationships with them. Learn about the current in-house developed accounting system(s) and existing current procedures, the financial and analysis reporting requirements and start to plan and take action to ensure that effective transition of responsibilities will take place.
- Within 30 days, working beside and with the retiring incumbent, learn and start to take on responsibility for financial reporting, analysis, reconciliations and assist with other function specific tasks.
- Prepare and analyse monthly financial reports.
- Perform variance analysis, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) review and other hands-on analytical tasks.
- Prepare fixed assets continuity schedules and other, various, monthly reconciliations and journal entries.
- Create ad hoc analysis, including some related to costing. (Manufacturing accounting and/or costing experience will be of benefit but will also be taught by the retiring incumbent).
- Participate in special projects with the objective of continuous improvement in operational efficiency and reporting, eliminating non-valued activities.
- Participate in the preparation of annual audit/working papers. (Dec. 31 year-end)
- Carry out periodic reviews of controls, expenditures and compliance.
- Participate in and support the budget and forecast preparation.
- Identify issues and proactively initiate analysis/solutions.
- Ensure the proper internal controls are in place and maintained.
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial and federal reporting requirements.
- Work on the implementation of a variety of projects as needed.
- As required, help the Controller/Director, Finance manage any external audits by the government(s) and/or other regulatory bodies.
- Provide ongoing process improvement/enhancement input and consistently help to ensure data integrity, accuracy and reconciliation to source documents and reports.
- Other tasks and projects, reporting requirements and participation in special departmental projects required of a Financial Reporting Manager consistently looking to add value beyond the fundamentals of accurate and timely reporting by demonstrating what can be done do help improve processes, controls, systems and personal performance.