Our customer is an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing, SaaS (Software as a Service) AI company with it’s head office in downtown Toronto and a second office in California. Founded by a former Facebook and Instagram executive, with an elite leadership team, the company is on a rapid growth trajectory because they regularly out-innovate their competitors.
This Accounting Manager position is a new, full-time, position that was previously filled by a part-time resource. The rapid growth of the company has enabled the need for this role to be filled by a full-time person.
The salary range for this Accounting Manager position is $85,000 to $100,000, (dependent upon experience) benefits, a performance based bonus of approximately 10% and payment of annual CPA membership & training/P.D. fees. Further career growth for the Accounting Manager will come under consideration as the company continues to grow and the scope of work and personal performance of the incumbent develops. This position reports to the part-time CFO and full-time COO (dual reporting as the CFO is not in the office daily.)
If you are or know of a Chartered Professional Accountant who wants to work in a collaborative, entrepreneurial and high growth culture and have solid accounting, financial reporting and Microsoft Excel (V Look Ups and Pivot Tables) hands-on knowledge & skills, please arrange for a resume to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail subject line: SaaS Accounting Manager Application by December 21.
With your resume, please also send a cover letter which includes one or two examples describing how you have developed or sought to improve an accounting process to increase productivity for your employer or client.
Business travel is not anticipated for this position. A full audit is performed by the outside accounting firm – Dec. 31 year-end.
Please see job description details below and note that our customer will be doing their own screening and interviewing on this project. Our thanks to all applicants for their time, interest and attention but, only those selected by the customer for next step(s) consideration will be contacted directly. No agencies please.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (V Look Ups & Pivot Tables).
- Strong organisational and time management skills; ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in all work products and deliverables.
- Naturally curious; if something seems off, you want to roll up your sleeves and figure out and fix what’s going on.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (English).
- Solid understanding of accounting policies and principles.
- Technologically savvy enough to assist with the ERP system conversion from Xero to NetSuite in 2019
- Hands-on tax working paper experience and do the HST etc. work. Tax returns are to be done by the outside accounting firm, along with SRED.
- Able to work effectively within a multi-tasking environment but still maintain accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Proven effective interpersonal skills and abilities to both take direction and introduce new or alternative ideas/methods/approaches.
- Flexibility and a team player’s DNA so business needs and urgent demands are met while effectively managing the everyday tasks of an independent, hands-on, Accounting Manager.
- Strong, positive, business values and ethics and able to implement and/or maintain controls appropriate for an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing business.
- Work effectively with the CFO and COO – as a team player
- Hands-on, effective use of MS Excel (V Look Ups & Pivot Tables).
- Be a person with a professional attitude and professional standards, but willing to adapt to the company culture.
- Oversee all monthly accounting functions for preparation, review, monitoring and reporting of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll and General Ledger.
- Streamline month-end process to ensure scalability and support company growth.
- Oversee month-end and year-end closing process, including preparing all necessary audit working papers.
- Manage intercompany process including preparing and posting all journal entries.
- Review of all balance sheet accounts, ensuring that all reconciliations are accurate and complete.
- Prepare complex balance sheet reconciliations and royalty accruals.
- Review all journal entries and accruals made by staff – ensuring that all back-up is supported and journal entries are justified.
- Assist with the development, creation and implementation of accounting and business policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing process improvement/enhancements to ensure data integrity, accuracy and reconciliation to source documents and reports.
- Bring key insights to the team that will help influence key business decisions.
- Liaise with and provide external auditors everything they require for the year-end full audit.
- Other relate duties and reporting and participation in special departmental projects.