Our customer is a profitable, rapidly growing, private, large equipment rental company in Hamilton.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the salary range for this hands-on Accounting and A/R Associate position is $55,000 to $65,000, (dependent upon experience) benefits, a performance based bonus and payment of annual CPA & student membership & training/P.D. fees.
If you are or know of a hands-on Accountant or active CPA Student who wants to work in a positive, entrepreneurial and friendly culture and has a solid accounting and Microsoft Excel (V Look Ups and Pivot Tables) for analysis purposes and very effective oral and written communication skillsets, please arrange for a resume to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail subject line: Accounting and A/R Associate application by May 28.
Further career advancement towards becoming a Sr. Financial Analyst will come under serious consideration for the successful Accounting and A/R Associate who not only consistently demonstrates technical and behavioural competency but proactively looks for, and collaborates with the Accounting Manager to find, ways to improve the timeliness of month-end reporting and add more value through effective financial and business analysis & reporting. The 2019 department objectives are to move from a two week month-end close to a one week or less schedule and to ready the company to transition from a Formal Review to a full Audit next year (August. 31st year end).
Please see job description details below. No agencies please
To provide support to the Accounting, Purchasing and Credit departments
- Utilize excellent Microsoft Excel (V Look Ups & Pivot Tables) skills for financial analysis, modeling and planning. And quickly learn the Microsoft Dynamics ERP system.
- Actively work to understand the unique aspects within the business and to understand the business in general so higher level analysis and value added input can be delivered.
- Be a proactive and detail-oriented financial professional who is seeking a long term business relationship within a pleasant, positive, autonomous and profitable work environment where staff are highly respected and genuinely considered as essential to the business’ success.
- Be instinctively inclined to regularly and/or consistently develop and enhance your work competence and expertise.
- Work as part of a team and exercise tolerance and consistency when dealing with staff, clients, the company sales representatives and others.
- Provide a high level of internal and//or external customer satisfaction within the required areas of accounting expertise.
- Bring sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential business matters
- Consistently work to help develop practical procedures and complete tasks through to a conclusion.
- Bring focus and drive to achieve targets, budgets and results. The Accounting Manager is looking to reduce the time required for month-end so more time will be available for KPI analysis and reporting.
- Help create or enhance a business culture of continuous improvement.
- Consistently work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality and timeliness.
- Enjoy the challenge of problem solving and come up with well thought through, practical, solutions.
- Draw conclusions by probing into things and contemplating consequences of any recommended action that is likely to be taken by the Owners by first proving the reliability of the available information.
- Consistently bring drive, assertion, persistence and a methodical, organized, inquisitive, factual, systematic and hard-working approach to the work.
- Perform account reconciliations
- Post journal entries
- Prepare other ad hoc reports as required (within the Microsoft Dynamics system and exporting into Excel where required)
- Perform accounts receivable collection calls and apply customer payments
- Provide support to other accounting functions as required
- Prepare all federal and provincial government remittances and documentation
- Process all routine accounts payable invoices
- Code invoices and match to corresponding purchase orders
- Perform data entry for all accounts payable invoices
- Provide data entry support to the Purchasing department
- Respond to vendor inquires
- Escalate any non-routine accounts payable issues to Accounting Manager
- Maintain filing system of paid invoices
- Review and evaluate customer credit applications and supporting documentation, making recommendations regarding credit eligibility/limits to the Accounting Manager
- Liaise with customers to obtain certificate of insurance, applying damage waiver to accounts where required
- Enforce credit terms by monitoring and evaluating payment performance/credit status of existing customers
- Establish and maintains positive relationships with customers to support the collection and resolution process of outstanding receivables
- Follow up with customers to ensure timely repayment of account balances
- Collaborate with the Outside Sales Representatives and Inside Sales Representatives (OSR/ISR) and customers to resolve outstanding account balances by negotiating repayment terms
- Recommend and implement corrective actions for delinquent accounts: credit holds, COD, etc.
- Communicate changes to account status to customers, and the related OSR/ISR team members
- Recommend legal action for delinquent accounts, preparing supporting documentation as required
- Analyze aging reports to identify areas of opportunity and risk exposure
- Provide regular updates on receivables aging, and status of customer accounts to Accounting Manager
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Evaluate credit policies and procedures on an ongoing basis, in order to: ensure accuracy of data; monitor compliance with internal control procedures; identify areas for improvement.
- Perform other related duties and reporting and participate in special departmental projects.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Solid MS Word and Outlook skills
- Thorough understanding of accounting procedures and practices
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer focus
- Proactive, positive, self-starting attitude
- Strong attention to detail; able to produce an accurate, thorough work product